Casual, home-cooked, wholesome food is what we’re about! We would love you to try our flavours at home, so we’re sharing our recipe for Arancini Balls with Yoghurt Dipping Sauce straight off Springwood’s “Gather” menu. Let’s bring the Blue Mountains straight to your tastebuds, Follow the instructions below:
Gather’s Arancini Balls Ingredients
30g salted butter, 1 onion, 2 cloves garlic, 200g Aborio rice, 80g chorizo, 600ml warm chicken stock, 50g grated mozzarella cheese, 75g plain flour, 2 large eggs (lightly beaten), 170g panko breadcrumbs & vegetable oil (to deep fry)
Yoghurt Dipping Sauce Ingredients
2 cups plain or Greek yoghurt, 1 finely diced cucumber & 1 cup finely diced fresh mint
1. Pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil to a hot pan. Finely dice onion and fry in pan for about 5 minutes until the onion is transparent.
2. Add Aborio rice and stir for 2 minutes, then add chopped chorizo
3. Slowly add chicken stock to the pan (best to do it in small increments), stirring continuously. Let stock absorb before you add the next pour of stock. Keep stirring. Continue this until all the stock is in and has been absorbed and the rice is thick and creamy.
4. Remove the pan from heat and stir in grated mozzarella cheese, add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
6. Once cool, use a spoon to scoop out a small amount of mixture, roll the mixture in the palm of your hand to create a bite size ball. Continue until you have created balls using all the mixture.
7. In 3 separate bowls, place flour, beaten eggs and Panko breadcrumbs. Coat each ball with flour, then dip into the egg mixture, then roll each ball in the Panko breadcrumbs.
8. In a deep fryer, or large pot with vegetable, heat to approximately 170 degrees. Add around 6 balls to the hot oil and fry until they’re golden brown and cooked through. This will take about 3 minutes per side. Remove the balls from the oil and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
9. Serve with, yoghurt sauce and a few extra slices of fried chorizo on the side.
Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
1. Add finely diced cucumber and fresh mint to the yoghurt. Stir well.
We hope you enjoy creating our recipe straight from the heart of Springwood Sports Club in the Blue Mountains – we’d love you to share your efforts with us on our Facebook page. Click here to visit Springwood Sports Club on Facebook.